Full stack Ruby on Rails Engineer
RemoteNetherlands, Utrecht, UtrechtDevelopment team
We are a fast-growing international scale-up on a mission to have 1 million people take an RV trip at least once in their lives by 2025. To achieve this we need great software engineers like you at both Senior and Medior level.
About the job
What we offer
- Freedom is what we stand for. Freedom to develop your own ideas, freedom to show initiative, to take responsibility and to develop yourself.
- A responsible role in an ambitious team, at the forefront of our rapid growth.
- Remote working with top-notch tooling.
- A few camping-working trips with the team per year.
- A Macbook.
- A young and international team.
- We give you a travel credit of € 250, so you can go on a campervan trip yourself, to experience the freedom.
- We don't count holiday days. We believe in responsibility for your work, your private life and a healthy combination of both. We recommend taking a minimum of 25 days. But you are free to organise your work and free time as you see fit.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Meet your future colleagues
- You build robust, scalable applications to facilitate the growth of the Goboony.
- You improve and maintain code quality by writing tests, developer tooling and code reviews.
- You ensure that our tech stack is up-to-date and relevant.
- You will provide expertise and knowledge to the other teams in Goboony when working on new features.
Who are you
- You are an experienced full stack Ruby on Rails engineer.
- You are proactive and passionate, when you see something that needs fixing, you fix it, when something can be improved, you get started.
- You are curious, you want to know how things work and why they work that way.
- You have a great sense of responsibility.
- Your English is fluent both written as speech (Dutch would be a plus).
- You write software well: clean, consistently efficient and reusable.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experienced in writing tests (RSpec or other).
- Asynchronous jobs (ActiveJob or other).
- Experience with performance optimisation (caching, debugging slow code, etc).
- Know git well
- Experience with applications running on Heroku.
- You have a feeling for UX / UI and ease of use.
Would you like to join our team as our new Fullstack (Ruby on) Rails engineer?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Just a cup of coffee for now? Also delicious!