Our native development approach at Goboony is hybrid. We combine great native navigation around WebViews and ground-up native features to get the best of both worlds: Productivity through shared codebases on the web, and great fidelity through native.
On the HTML side, we’re running a proud and polished monolith of a Rails application. The same controllers and models that are delivering the desktop web experience are responsible for the mobile views, which in turn are integrated into the iOS and Android clients.
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Improving existing features of the product and working on new features as we continue to scale.
- Take an active role in shaping and defining mobile engineering best practices.
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues.
- Release applications to IOS and Google Play stores.
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience in mobile app development (cross platform).
- You are permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience using Rails, Turbolinks and StimulusJS is a plus.
- Familiar with Swift, Objective C, and Java.
- Experience incorporating automation and integration testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Ability to work effectively with other development team members to help define and develop the direction of the mobile platform.
- You are passionate about user interface and user experience.
What we offer
- Freedom! Freedom is what we stand for. Freedom to develop your own ideas, freedom to show initiative, take responsibility and develop yourself.
- A responsible role in a growing development team.
- Working with a young and driven team.
- Remote working is required.
- Conditions in line with the market and 25 vacation days.
- A MacBook.
- Room for personal growth and development.